Apply or continue assessment
To have your trade skills assessed for migration purposes, you can choose to either apply online or by mail.
The benefits of applying online are:
- the online application is cheaper
- you can track and view the progress of your application
- you can continue your application at a later stage (within 30 days), rather than completing it all at once, as we provide you with login details
- the service is quicker as your application will be processed as soon as your documents are received
- you can book and pay for a technical interview and/or in country assessment.
Select one of the options below:
Register and start you application
Continue an existing application or check the status of an application
|Individual applicants||Individual applicants|
|Migration Agents||Migration Agents|
Apply by mail
- Download and complete the appropriate application form.
Ensure you are familiar with the VETASSESS Explanatory notes and TRA Applicant Guidelines before preparing your application. Go to download forms to access further information.
- Complete a TradeSET report (Pathway 1 applicants only).
- Gather all required documents.
- Send your completed application form, required documents and assessment fee by mail to:
GPO Box 2752
Melbourne VIC 3001
If you didn't apply online, you will need to contact us to find out the status of your application.