Required documents for applying online
To apply online, you will need the following information:
- Personal details
- Details of your formal training, including apprenticeships or traineeships
- Details of any other training
- Details of licences, registration or industry membership
- Details and evidence of your employment history.
Once you’ve applied online, you’ll need to send in the following documents via mail:
- Application for trade skills assessment form (completed and signed)
- Identity documents
- 2 recent photographs – passport size, certified and dated
- relevant passport pages – certified copy (passport page must show name, photo and date of birth)
- change of name evidence (if applicable)
- Evidence of skills (refer to Skilled Employment, Training Assessment Evidence Guide)
- evidence of training
- evidence of employment
- other items of evidence to support your application
- Certified English translation of the above documents, compiled by a registered translation service, if originally issued in a language other than English
- Assessment fee.
Please note all documentation must be certified copies of the original.
For more information on what evidence to include in your Skilled Employment, Training Assessment Evidence Guide, download Skilled Employment, Training Assessment Evidence Guide.
Pathway 2 applicants only
If you hold an Australian formal qualification, then you are considered a Pathway 2 applicant and you will need to submit the following documents:
- Certified evidence of your Australian qualification
- Certified evidence of your academic transcripts
- Taxation records / assessment notice
- Annual payment summary / group certificate
- Pay slips
- Bank statements.
If you are or have been self-employed, you must provide evidence of your employment in your trade.
The evidence should include a personal statement containing the following details:
- The occupation in which you were self-employed
- The exact start and completion dates of each period of self-employment
- Your business registration certificate covering each period of self-employment
- A statement on letterhead paper from your accountant or legal representative certifying the name and nature of your business, the exact dates of the period of self-employment and the capacity in which you have been self-employed
- The nature and content of the work tasks you performed
- The number of staff employed and their occupations
- Your workshop and the tools and equipment used
- At least three (3) statements from suppliers, confirming the nature of your business, dates of trading periods, details of the material/equipment purchased over a 12-month period and the types of material/equipment supplied
- At least three (3) statements from clients, on letterhead paper (if possible), confirming full details of the work you did for them and the dates, including the total number of contracts completed over a 12 month period.
Your personal statement must be a signed statutory declaration, affidavit, sworn statement or similar legal declaration and your signature witnessed by a legal authority in your country.
Please refer to the Skilled Employment, Training Assessment Evidence Guide, third party report.
Please refer to the TRA Applicant Guidelines for the required information you will need to include in your Employer or Personal statement.
Please ensure you have included certified true copies.
Original documents for work experience will be accepted.
Documents will not be returned.